Sunday 24 November 2013

I know It Sounds Crazy...

     Ever since I realized my thyroid was out of whack I have been on a quest to re-establish a happy balance in my body. And let's face it, having children kinda makes you want to be the best you you can be, having my daughter definitely did  that for me!

    Over the last year I have been doing tons of research, browsing many-a-forum and time and time again many people with hypothyroid have noted that removing starches from their diet really made them feel great and balanced, not to mention lose weight a bit easier.

  Well, I decided to give it a go! I thought it might be extreme cutting out  everything, including rice pasta, rice crackers, rice and potatoes (except those sweet orange lovely potatoes!), bread was already gone so no problem there!

    So far I have only been starch-free for about 10 days and I have to say I feel amazing! I find that removing starches from my diet has been effective in a number of ways:

1) My blood-sugar is stable. No more low-blood-sugar-moodiness!
2) My blood-sugar being optimal means that I am not hungry which means I don't feel deprived, which is lovely :)
3) My diet has gone from very nutrient-dense to COMPLETELY NUTRIENT PACKED!
4) I am sleeping better
5) My workouts are stronger as I have more stamina
6)I don't feel bloated!

   Now, I don't think that everyone has to ditch pasta, but I have found that eating sans starch( along with sans everything else lol) has lead me towards more of a raw-food diet, and I do recommend that! A LOT of my food these days is uncooked, tastes great and makes me feel WONDERFUL! You all will be seeing more raw food recipes here soon, I am testing some out now and am excited to share them with all of you in the coming weeks!

   Sidenote-I also have developed an small and oh-so-lovely love of pink grapefruits! I have been eating 1-3 pink grapefruits a day for almost 3 weeks! What is up with that?! Thoughts?

Enjoy your twigs!

No comments:

Post a Comment